My Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Just a couple of Stampin' Up Swaps...

OH WOW, IT'S APRIL FOOL'S DAY! I realized when my son came home from school and said that he did awful in him AIM's testing at school. Then, I thought, wait a minute...one the subjects for today was "math"...he loves math...heck he's in pre-algebra for 7th grade...what? a bad day today? Then...of course, he said April Fools! hee hee
Okay, I wanted to share a couple of things:
First, I joined a "Tag Swap" with a great group of ladies and everyone created some wonderful tags. On my tag, I used the Big Shot for cutting and embossing. I wanted it to be two layers, so I placed the embossed vellum on top of the flower stamped Very Vanilla textured cardstock (flowers show through the vellum). I needed a little dimension, so I popped up the butterfly.
For more of the tag recipe see the information below the picture. TFL!
From Stampin' Up! Only Cards and Projects
All materials are from Stampin' Up!
Stamps: SU Flight of the Butterfly
C/S: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Vellum C/S, Whisper White, Certainly Celery
Inks: Basic Black, Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange
Accessories: Big Shot, Bigz Top Note Die, Texturz Plate Backgrounds I-Eyelet, 5-Petal Flower Punch, Flower Fusion, Kiwi Kiss, Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon, Gold Brad

I am also in a Monthly Swap to exchange cards (of any kind) with a fantastic group of gals. The card that I made for March has some white embossing powder and some Crystal Effects (on top of the cupcake--may not be showing too well on the photo).
For more of the card recipe see the information below the picture. TFL!
From Stampin' Up! Only Cards and Projects

All materials are from Stampin' Up!
Stamps: It’s a Loop Thing, Matchbox Messages
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Textured Riding Hood Red, Hand Drawn DSP
Inks: Craft White; Blush Blossom & Certainly Celery Markers
Accessories: Baja Breeze Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Crystal Effects, White Embossing Powder