My Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

...believe

I ...believe in Friends with Flair Friday...do you? Well, if you do then you started at the Unity Stamp Co blog, and if you got this far, you are near the end!

I used my new Donna Downey set "She Said" which has this wonderful quote...hope you like it!
From Unity and {ippity} Projects
Stamps: Unity-Donna Downey "She Said"
C/S: Stampin' Up Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Bella Rose DSP, and Neenah Solar White, vellum
Ink: SU Real Red, Pretty in Pink
 Challenges: UHHSC14, PDCC36

Techniques: I used the emboss resist technique for the word believe and separated each letter from the quote onto little tags that I had. I then sponged two colors of ink onto the tags and added a little pearl to each. Added the tags to the ribbon for a hanging efffect. I distressed some of the edges and added a piece of vellum using Martha Stewart's Lace Doily punch.

I created this card for two challenges:




Unity's Hip Hop Sketch #14
by Jimmi











The Play Date Cafe #36
by Julie





Oh, before I forget...didn't Savannah do a spectacular job in hosting Growing in Unity this week?  I do adore her creativity and sweetness!  I surely hope that I can keep up with all the Growing In Unity FABULOUSNESS, so come back on Sunday, 'cause guess what?
I'm hosting Growing in Unity next week! 

Thanks for much for visiting today and 
HAVE A FANTASTIC 4TH of JULY!

29 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

It's a great quote! And I love how you've added the tags on the ribbon - fab :) Thanks for playing along with us at the play date cafe :)

StampinCathy said...

OMGOSH! This is just beautiful. I just love your take on the challenges. Love that set and I want it so bad...some day. :) I love how you did the tags under that beautiful quote.

Katy said...

Great card. I love the colors and the word believe on the little tags.

Tenia Nelson said...

This card rocks!!!!!

Unknown said...

wow beautiful

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW--I love these colors! And those stamps--I NEEEEED that set!! What a clever idea to add tags on a ribbon--note to self!! Thanks so much for sharing--and for mentioning my blog:) I just posted your blog on my site too (and I will do it tomorrow as well!!!).

Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC! LOOOOOOOOOVE seeing your cards/projects:)

JenMarie said...

Beautiful, love the tags!

Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful card and I love how you have added the tags to the ribbon, lovely touch. Have a good day, Tracy Evans x

Anonymous said...

Oh this is lovely. My latest and favourite stamp set. x

Anonymous said...

WOW, gorgeous card! I love the colors and sentiment. The tags look awesome.

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Fantastic card--look forward to seeing your creations next week.

Maria said...

Oh JEN! This is BEAUTIFUL! I love this quote as well, I actually used that set on mine for this week. Nice job can't wait to see what you cook up next week.

Bonita Rose said...

Your card is amazing! love your card design xo hugs and happy 4th to you!

Creative said...

Wow! Beauty!

jo said...

Gorgeous Jen! Look forward to your GIU next week!

Anita said...

I believe...that your card is fabulous! :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful card, love the sentiment! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Anonymous said...

Love how you combined the challenges!!! Great card and can't wait for your GIU week!

lisa a.

Suzanne C said...

Love the design! The tags are such a cute idea and the verse is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the PDCC!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I ADORE this card, Jen! Love the tags on the gingham ribbon across the bottom! So creative! :)

Ruby said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love the way you've done the tags on the ribbon, must try that, it looks FAB! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

The tags were such a brilliant touch! Bravo!

Angie Blom said...

OH my goodness.. this is beyound fabulous!! I love just everything here Jen.. and the tags at the bottom is ultra fantastic.. I have never seen that done.. Brillant Card!! Xx

Unknown said...

This is FABULOUS, Jenny! LOVE how you added the tags to the ribbon.. fun fun fun! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Julie Ranae said...

Absolutely gorgeous work, Jen! So glad that you were able to combine the Play Date color challenge with FWF!
Yes...Sav did a fantabulous job with GIU and I know you will do the same...can't wait to see your work all week long : )

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

The tags you used are darling!!

Regina said...

Beautiful sentiment and so true. Absolutely love, love, love that you separated B-e-l-i-e-v-e onto small tags - what a great touch!

All the best with GIU next week!

Gwen said...

Jen, this is a great card! Love the emboss resist, going to have to try it!! Looking forward to your GIU week!!

Julie Ranae said...

Congratulations on winning The Cup of the Week over at The Play Date Cafe, Jen...your badge awaits : )