My Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

FWFF...New Year to celebrate Unity!!!

Happy '2010' everyone!

I'm sharing a gift card holder that I made with my December KOM ' delightful moments'. My son and his friends are all teenagers turning 14, so I needed a gift card holder that is simple and could hold an iTunes gift card (at 14 years old, they all want iTunes gift cards, or $$$$'s!).

Not sure if you can tell by the photo's, but I sprayed Iridescent Pearl Maya Mist on the Tempting Turquoise cardstock, then stamped my Unity music background stamp all over it. I put a couple of scalloped edges and made a belly band of organdy ribbon and twine for a closure. I embossed the Unity boom box in black detail embossing powder, used Tim Holtz distress inks in weathered wood and broken china, along with Smooch (almost the same color as tempting turquoise), and tied it to the organdy ribbon with twine:
From Unity Projects
This next picture is the inside when you take off the belly band and lift the flap up (used black detail embossing powder for the sentiment):
From Unity Projects
And this is the inside holding the iTunes gift card (got carried away with the ribbon):
From Unity Projects

Have a fabulous Friday and go shop at Unity!  *smile*

27 comments:

Leah l'Orange said...

HA! love this card, Jen! i am a huge retro gal, so this one totally speaks to me!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Cute! Love the smooch and the sentiment under the scalloped flap. Lots of super fun details to this!

Sherry Campbell said...

Wow- this is super cute, Jen! Love it!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

What a great giftcard holder!!!

Sherry said...

Now this is a matchbook card that makes one sit up and take notice fantastic idea

FibreJunky said...

That is just great!! I'm probably going to have to CASE this for my girls on their birthdays.

Txangel528 said...

What a fun cards for a teenager!!

Stephanie Zito said...

This is fantastic Jen! So cool!

Angie Blom said...

OH OH OH!!!! LOVE IT!!! I have to do one of these, just amazing your card design and so perfect with that image!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Very very COOL!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is very clever! LOVE it!

Jodi C. said...

OHHHH!!! I LOVE this itunes card holder!!!! I really needed an idea like this (SO goo) for my god-daughter now that she is 13. I love everything about it, did you have a recipe for this?? I SO remeber my boombox like this, have to get that stamp out!!

Love that picture below of you and your son!!

Gwen said...

Such a cute idea! Love the way you used the music background!

Rachel B said...

Jen, this is SUCH a great gift card holder! I love the boom box on the outside! Looks perfect!

CarlaKH said...

what a great g/c holder.. love love love it!

stampjourney said...

So cool and sparkly!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE it--and now I have inspiration for this stamp--I can't wait to use it! TFS!

jennifer mitten said...

What a cgreat idea - love it!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesomeness!!!

Unknown said...

soooo cute

Laurel said...

I so love this!

Carolina said...

Ahhhh...such a glittery beauty!

Robynccgirl said...

What a neat card! Love all the different layers of it!

Catherine said...

Not carried away - carried off to the 80s! All that ribbon reminds me of all the jelly bracelets we used to layer up our arms! :D
Genius how the scalloping on the front evokes piano (or keyboard - ya know, got 80s on the brain) keys! This is awesome!!!!!! TFS! LOVE IT!

Lisa H. said...

what a rockin' card!

Becky Carafa said...

How cool is this!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Now that is one heck of a card! Luv it!