My Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dad's Truck

Have you see TODAY'S $1 stamp at Whimsy Haven, yet?  Isn't this beautiful?!!!:
If you are following the Whimsy Haven DT Hop, then you should have just come from Amy T's blog, right? If you want to start at the beginning, then take a hop over to the Whimsy Haven site...lots of fun inspiration!
And a quick welcome to our June Guest Designer, Stephanie Zito...woohoo!

This old truck is one of Lindsay's Father's Day sets...isn't it FAB?!  Also Really Reasonable Ribbon has their very first challenge to create a masculine project with ribbon (of course)..so here's my take of dad's old rusty truck.  I printed the word 'Dad' many times 'cause it reminded me of when I said "Dad, Dad, Dad...", and I 'staircased' the ribbon on the left side of the truck, and it needed some grass so I used my Copics for that too:
From Whimsy Haven
Stamps: WHIMSY HAVEN's Father's Day Truck Set
C/S: SU Bashful Blue, Close to Cocoa, Sage Shadow, GP White
Ink: COPICS-B00, B21, B24, G07, G21, G24, YG13, R02, Y11, C1
Accessories: Misc Ribbon, button, blue twine

Now you have reached the end of the Whimsy Haven Designer Team blogs, so make sure to visit
 for all those fabulous images and sets that Lindsay is creating and especially for today's $1 special!
Thanks so much for visiting us this week, and have a Whimsy of a day!

17 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is one fabulous manly man card.

Lindsay Spencer said...

WOW!!! That looks FABULOUS!!! I really really like what you did with that truck!

Anonymous said...

The Truck Looks AWESOME. ♥IT

Stephanie Zito said...

OMG!!! This is absolutely gorgeous Jen!!! What a fantastic Dad's Day card! You're colouring is out of this world!!! I'm so casing your card for my Father's Day card this year LOL! Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I'm so excited and honoured to be working with you, the rest of the amazing DT, Lindsay and Whimsy Haven this month! Have a great day!

Carolyn V said...

Wow, Jen. What a great card for Dad... I love the way you've feathered that rust colour into the blue - really makes the ol' truck look like it's been around forever! Amazing colouring job... inspiring, even!

Bonnie Garby said...

I love your card Jen, perfect for Father's Day! Thanks so much for entering our very first Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge!

Me said...

Wow! That's awesome! Thanks for the inspiration! Love it!

Julie said...

Wow, this is just fantastic!

Unknown said...

Jen, your use of ribbon and the way you stacked your "dad" sentiment is genius. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Hope to see you next challenge.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Fabulous! :)

~amy~ said...

Oh I LOVE this...fabbie job with that truck stamp!!

Court said...

I can't believe you pulled of a Father's Day card with ribbon, but you did! Well done!

Amy said...

Your coloring on this card is CRAMAZING!!! I love the blue truck..and your grass..holy crap!

farmhouse-story said...

this is SO great-that truck is awesome:)

Stampin Mindy said...

Super Cute! Love the looped Ribbon. Great masculine card. Just PERFECT!!!!!

Thank you for joining in at our First Challenge at RRR!

Cassie said...

I love the Staircase effect!!
Thanks for linking up at RRR!!!
=)

Amber said...

Oh this is a beauty Jen! Love the truck! Very masculine!
RRR Hugs
Amer