My Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

H{ippity} Hop Blossom for you and Play Date Cafe~

Hello {ippity} peeps! If you want to see all the {ippity} goodness, make sure to see the list of hoppers at the {ippity}blog!

I'm sharing a card that I made for Lisa's {ippity} challenge, IHHC28....to create a a single layer card with NO bows, pop dots, or layers. So to add some dimension I used my craft knife to pop out the petals (no pop dots), and sponged the french blue chalk ink around the white embossed blossom.  Then I hand embossed a circle around the blossom (hmmm...I think I need a nestie or something).
From Unity and {ippity} Projects

I also made this for Julie's color challenge at the Play Date Cafe, PDCC #34...black, white and splash of blue!

Stamps used: {ippity} Now and Always
Ink: Colorbox French Blue Chalk, Palette Noir
Accessories:  NONE, but used craft knife to pop out the petals!

Thank you so much for hopping by...I'm on my way to hop to everyone's blogs too...have fun!

p.s.  If you want to order some {ippity}, send me an email at jenstampin4u at aol dot com...I'd be glad to take your order and send you some surprise goodies too! *smile*

21 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is just one stunning card.

Heather said...

Beautiful card Jen! LOVE the technique!

Lone Pine Designs said...

Wow...what a fabulous card!

Sweetieshop said...

Aww this is lovely. Clever how you made the card stand out without using pop dots :)

Chris said...

very pretty! love the way you did the petals!

Elisabeth said...

So very beautiful, love the technique!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER fun! I love it! I love how you made that flower pop! And what a great color combo:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Julie Ranae said...

Jen...this is super fabby for the hop and of course, for the Play Date Cafe Challenge...missed this week's hop myself, but I am glad you played along with us in The Cafe : )

Laura said...

Cute card I love the color!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! The flower looks awesome

Gardner's Basket said...

Beautiful Jen! I love the look of the flower. Great job!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, wonderful how you cut and popped out the petals! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Ruby said...

What a great card!! I LOVE how you've cut out your flower, so pretty, and perfect colours for our challenge too! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Monika Reeck said...

Super Clever idea...woow Love your Flower..really Beautiful card...Love this!!!...I just joining The Play Date Cafe challenge too and my card is number 67, would you mind to see my blog?Many thanks before, hugs, Monika

eryn hannig said...

are you FOR REAL...WOW, this is AMAZING and so CREATIVE!!! I would have never thought to pop that flower out like that...girl this TOTALLY ROCKS!! thx for the inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

this is so fabulous! i just love how you gave a single layer card such dimension!!!

lisa a.

Kelly Mahany said...

OMG.. what an amazing take on that challenge!! I love what you did with the cut outs on the flower stamp! It's great!

farmhouse-story said...

too clever and so pretty, jen:)

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! Love the cut out edges of the flower. Fantastic design. Thanks for joining us at PDCC.

Unknown said...

Just beautiful, Jen! Love the cut edges.. fantastic effect! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Lisa H. said...

so pretty, love the fancy cutting. looks wonderful!