My Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Tim and Melody together...

Okay, now just because I put that title don't be spreading any rumor's about Tim Holtz and Melody Ross..heehee!  I put that title because it's Friends with Flair Friday,  and I used products from both of these talented artists today!

Now, if you didn't start at the Unity Stamp Co blog...STOP, please go back and don't miss the creative spark of all these gorgeous Unity fans!  And, one of these gorgeous ladies has THE "blinkie" that could win you a bunch of some yummy Unity red rubbah!

So, for my card I had a few challenges in mind, including the latest Unity Hip Hop sketch challenge.

I was so excited to use my new Unity--Melody Ross "Brave Girl" set...LOVE IT!and as I was playing around today, I embossed a brown paper bag with one of Tim's new embossing folders called Patchwork AND the top edge is from one of his new Alterations dies "On the Edge"...LOVE THEM! 

I lightly sponged my blue ink to make the embossing pop a little, while faux stitching with my white gel pen to match the double stitched ribbon.

I used my circle punch on the front of the card, so I could pop up some birdies that are actually inside of the card.  If you read this far...sorry for being too much of a chatty Cathy!

My other challenges are:

Color Throwdown #97 (I used all three colors)
Caardvarks June Challenge to use wet and/or dry embossing (my Tim Holtz embossing folder)
Wee Memories Challenge #10--In Stitches (my faux stitching)

I appreciate that you took the time to come by today...

29 comments:

Laura Pryor said...

Oh this is really cool! I love the distressed embossed panel and how it has a window to the inside. Really cool bird stamp too! Thanks for playing at the Color Throwdown this week!!

StampinCathy said...

This is one gorgeous card. I just love your take on this challenge and the colors are just beautiful. Thanks for the inspiringe eye candy along this hop.

Maria said...

JEN! This is beautiful! I didn't get that kit but I should! OH MY love the "pop" though the front thingy! Fabulous work!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Jen!

jennifer mitten said...

This card is amazing! I just got my Brave Girl set in the mail and you are inspiring me! I need that embossing folder lol....

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Wow!!!I love this Jen what a great take on the sketch!!!

Kate said...

WOW thats one brilliant card. Love what youve done :0)
Kate x

Toni K said...

Great card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH wow--look at that card-SUPER! I love the cut out! How fun:) TFS!

farmhouse-story said...

LOVE the birdy window, and pen stitching! great card, chatty cath...i mean, jen:)

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Wonderful creation, Jen! Love the combination of elements!

Sweetieshop said...

Fab card. Love the round window :)

Tanya said...

This is amazing!!! I so need that embossing folders!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. S x

Broni said...

Very cool card! I just love how you used our colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Throwdown!

jo said...

Fabulous card Jen!!

Katy said...

awesome card Jen!! I love the circle that pops through the front.

Anne Tussing said...

Very cool!

Tracy said...

What a great card - love the little window in your card. Love it!

CarlaKH said...

oooh love this... too cool!

Lori said...

Very cool! Love the combination of the distressed embossing and the window on the cardfront.

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the artsy feel of this card! The little circle opening reminds me of a birdhouse window...cute!

Cheri said...

Very pretty! I love how your penwork echoes the stitching on the ribbon, and the colors really pop!

Laurel said...

Wow, gorgeous card!

Angie Blom said...

stunning card Jenn. I love the window and the choice of images.. beautiful.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the stitching, I need to get one of those pens, b/c I keep seeing that look and going "me like". Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. I gave my card to some friends with a new house, so you're right- it had a purpose, even if I didn't love it.

Gwen said...

This card is just amazng, Jen! Love how you inked the embossing...turned out so great!

Monika Reeck said...

Great card you are so clever using all 3 colors together....love the white online to Jen....hugs, Monika

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is awesome---obviously I was not the only person who thought so....30 comments! Just outstanding!